keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

east of the sun, west of the moon

I’ve been trying to capture the orange sphere that is the rising sun on a hot humid morning with my I Phone to no avail. But a little bit of patience paired with persistence on just the right morning (and thankfully a Lumix tucked into my bra) gave me a chance to get what I’d been after. Walking west, something made me turn to view a sliver of the orange ball glowing on the eastern horizon. I took a few shots thinking yippee for me, tucked Lumi back in place and pleased as punch proceeded with my walk.


Until I noticed two people in front of me with cameras focused east which prompted me to turn around, take out the camera and frame this beyond yippee shot….


Perched nightly on the window ledge of a western nest, I waited for the right night when the full moon would shine bright to get a clearer picture of the dreamy globe than what I’d captured with my I Phone. I parted the curtains of my hotel room each evening, Lumix in hand, until finally there were no clouds in the dark eastern sky to keep it secluded…


Beyond satisfied, I jumped down to rejoice but kept watch from the west. Before long, the moon was interrupted…

…and my how bewitching it was.

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment