keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, August 29, 2010

heightened state

Vignette 1: While flipping through the current issue of Vouge, I landed on a page with a gorgeous watercolor picture of a pair of shoes and was awestruck. Not by the style or the fact that they were Manolo Blahnik’s but by the richness of the artwork and how it so easily enticed me into thinking I could slip them on to strut about. Bewitched I may have been, nuts I was not. Even if I did fall in yearn for these shoes, I would never be able to walk in them, at least not in the rest of this life! Over the years, my feet have sported all kinds of sling backs, peep toes, closed-ins, mules, slides, boots, sneakers and sandals. Whether spiked or platform or kitten or flat, I really do admire the craftsmanship and design that goes into creating fabulous footwear. On occasion I whip out a pair that puts me in a heightened state for a few hours; they travel in a fancy silk bag to the destination, are slipped on before I walk in the joint, and look rather sexy in whatever manner I choose to display them.

Vignette 2: While reading through some paperwork, I heard the sound of a text coming in and noted it was from one of my close friends. She was sending me a picture of a stunning vibrant mural. The painting took up the entire side of a building but what caught my eye and breath was a huge curvaceous figure of a woman in a colorful gown, her height as tall as the row house upon whose side she rose. This creation is a few states away produced by Parris Stancell as part of the Mural Arts Program in Philadelphia, PA. I was in awe at the size of the piece; large scale canvases of any sort are so enticing to me yet when I create, it is usually small scale which I find to be positively intense. Even my photographs are more appealing when printed no larger than 4” x 6” some looking quite provocative in composition as I pluck them from the printer and feel a rush.


Vignette 3: While reclining on the sofa, I scribbled notes on a pen and pad as a soft glow slowly crept behind the drapes. Erykah Badu bewitchingly crooned, “I’m a recovering undercover over lover, recovering from a love I can't get over.” Instinctively I knew that it was a full moon lurking about; a state of heightened everything had been rushing over around and through me for a few days and that day and it was far from done.

Well there are Manolo’s to be plucked from the shelf or covers to get under or…

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment