keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

on the way

A year ago, The Eclectic Eye (TEE) was birthed. I remember being a proud new Mama gazing at her perfect infant as the design for the site took shape, experienced a little post partum stress wondering if I would be able to keep my posting twice a week promise to my baby. Well, it has been a year and I have yet to miss my Sunday and Wednesday play date even when I thought I had no toys to bring. Who knows how many people actually read my blog, but honestly I continue to post because the entire process of coordinating a complete outfit comprised of matching words and pictures has been quite nurturing -- feeds my soul and spirit, keeps my mind active and sharp, challenges my wit. TEE has counseled and consoled, educated and informed, laughed and cried, exposed and brought exposures in the form of so many photographs to light, a hobby that blossomed as a result of trying to figure out how to visually enhance what was written. It has been a satisfying 12 months and as I sit here in the early hours of this Wednesday morning, I bubble with excitement wondering what my child will reveal and where she will take me in the year ahead.

I recently read a passage that said in part joy is a precious elixir that we all possess. I raise a glass of it as I celebrate the fact that my little one is toddling and with sturdy legs under her, we are on our way. So Happy Anniversary, Happy New Year, Happy Birthday to TEE and as always…

keep your peepers open!®

collage "on the way" by tina lassiter

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to TSL and TEE! I salute you for the discipline it took to maintain this pace for one year. And courage -- for having the will and determination of a true Wild Woman to follow your dream. We are all blessed by YOU keeping YOUR eclectic peepers open! Love you, Sootie Mae Johnson

    ReplyDelete