keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, October 3, 2010

a birthday away

Rarely am I too far from home on my birthday so to wake up with the Nile in full view on my day, to have had lunch with good friends beside the Mediterranean in Alexandria providing a view that will forever be etched in my soul I'm thinking that being away from the familiar this year may just start a new birthday travel trend. Today, I draped my head and stood barefoot in the Mosque of Mohammed Ali at the Citadel in Cairo, gave thanks for another year, said a prayer for all in my life and wondered if my family tree has any roots in this country that after a week is beginning to take root within me.














keep your peepers open!®

ps...Thank you to my "cow girls," my new bus #3 family, and H. (Hesham Hamman...truly the best tour guide ever!) for making sure my birthday abroad was not only special but memorable.

1 comment:

  1. thank you for bringing to us, these photos from the cradle of civilization. visiting the mosque of mohammed ali must have been quite an experience. once your memory goes through a debriefing you will probably bring us even more eclectic literary images of your journey. look forward to it.

    ReplyDelete