keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, February 27, 2011

about funny

Funny how things come about…

My plan was to go to Italy in 2012, visit Rome and Milan then take an extended vacation in Tuscany. I recently received an email about a trip to another part of that country which I almost flagged to get back to later until I caught a glimpse of a photograph that accompanied the message. Back in June 2009, I received a Powerpoint slide show of fabulous places from all over the world that had no information about the exact destinations. One image was so colorful, vibrant…I had to print, cut and paste it into my journal. I wrote that it seduced me, made me want to be part of its scenery; I still had not tracked down the location of all the bright houses and buildings tumbling one after the other down a mountainside overlooking beautiful blue water as I captured my thoughts about it. But with the right combination of words, Google told me that I had become enamored with Manarola, Italy.

The picture in the email I received recently held a vision that was so familiar to me. It made me stop, read about a trip that I didn’t have on my list of top ten places I want to visit. But something about that dazzling picture of vibrant homes cascading down a hill leading to sparkling blue water captivated my mind, made me remember…I had seen it before. I pulled out my journal to discover that no, it isn’t Manarola that I have decided to journey to later this year it’s the Amalfi Coast.

Things do come about in a funny way. I know for sure that a tiny Italian seed was planted when I stepped into that picture of Manarola and imagined I was there. I needed to escape for a few hours that day, calm my mind, took my time scrolling through all the images contained in that email someone sent me. Who knew that that short diversion would actualize itself, that I would be planning to venture to a location just a hop, skip and a jump from the place in a photo that made my heart skip a beat.

Yes, it is funny the way things come about, funny…though never by accident.

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment