keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, February 13, 2011

passionart

Tomorrow is Valentine’s Day. In the last few months, too many people I know, have had heart scares that have been cautionarily (I know it’s not a word) to way too very scary. I'm sure I am not the first person to think that on the day when heart shapes symbolize how much we care for others, that we should take the time to care for our own self, care for our own heart both physically and emotionally so it can beat to the tune of love for many years to come. And while you’re at it, before you throw away those flowers from whomever including your children because Valentine’s love is not ONLY about the love between lovers and likers of the opposite or same sex, make a token reminder that someone cared, mark the date, write a note then press it in a book of your choice. In some year to come you or someone, maybe another family member, will stumble upon a small piece of passionart from the past and hopefully smile, maybe shed a tear remembering. I had the pleasure of discovering passion between the pages when I opened both a cookbook and an old Bible from my grandparents…love notes, faded rose petals and clover blossoms were resting as a reminder of a couple who cared for one another until the moment my grandfather passed away from a heart condition. And even after he was gone, she still cared as did I; tomorrow is/was her birthday.  

on Valentine’s Day
go create passionart
and every day
take good care of your heart!

always…

keep your peepers open!®

1 comment:

  1. I saw your website and I love your art. Goddesses and collages are both some of my fav things. I can't wait to meet you.

    ReplyDelete