keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, February 20, 2011

just because

I don’t know how your winter is going but at the beginning of February, I breathed a sigh of relief, thankful that the month of January was over. As I balanced precariously on one toe, I prepared to set me down easy finally on all ten … if only. Three weeks into the second month of the year, the roller coaster ride is still surging along but, there have been some cushions to keep me safely fastened into my seat.

I either heard or read about the calming effects of walking into a room to behold a bed that is made up. One morning on a day in a month that I can’t recall, though I know it was during the last quarter of 2010, I got up and made up my bed. It felt good to smooth out the wrinkles on the comforter, position the pillows just so. It felt even better when I came in that evening, exhausted beyond belief and there it was … ready, waiting and beckoning. I took my time folding back the covers before I climbed in. Stretched across the cool sheets, my face snuggling into a silk pillowcase, I let out the biggest sigh before I began to giggle, something I do when I am SO happy to be in my bed; I have been making it up ever since. A bowl of oatmeal or a cup of tea taken to my nest coupled with a book of positive readings has added a nice touch to my well made bed, has seriously slowed down the pace so my system can settle. Reestablishing a morning ritual, something that was well overdue has assisted in keeping me grounded. And then there is the eclectic eye.

Last weekend, a person who is close to yet so far away from me asked me why I write. I don’t quite remember how I answered him at that moment but thinking about it now, writing the blog has become part of my weekly rhythm. It’s a constant when everything around me is inconsistent and even when I don’t have much to say or am in a frightful mood, I still sign in. I get to work it out, work me out as I type it out. I write out loud for anyone to read for the girl who wrote silent compositions never voiced or heard. I put down thoughts, think carefully about the accompanying pictures for the woman whose creative offerings received an average grade from opinionated psuedo-figureheads with stagnant minds. I string together jargon that on many occasions is not syntactically correct for the exasperated chick who taught others how to write “properly” for business purposes (my how stifling that was!). I hope someone is reading, perhaps benefiting from what I have to say, that would be wonderful but what I find most comforting is capturing my unfolding life; many times the blogs have hidden meanings, are written for, about or to people, have been cathartic allowing me to stop the ride and let go.

So that’s the long answer. The short one...I write because I simply love writing.

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment