keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, April 3, 2011

random fluidity

I am in a joyous state of random fluidity which means a current of creative adrenalin is streaming through me surging in different directions all the while moving towards waiting tributaries that guide thought and action to vision. The process can bubble up from such random occurrences, a small gesture a word of encouragement, almost anything. Regardless of how it begins, I end up being up in the middle of the night my entire body feeling like it’s swirling in some electrically charged whirlpool. My spine tingles with a giddy fear that if I don’t get down just one more thing, I will forget whatever it is by the time I wake. So I tread water between dozes pen, phone, and sketchbook in hand until I finally turn over at dawn. By then, I’m beyond ready to strap on the night shift so we can dive into the deep end of the ocean and start stroking!

The present vision providing a delightful swim drifted into my stream of consciousness as a result of a token of kindness followed by a sense of wonderment uttered by the giver. For over a month, the current ran steady until this past week when it gushed like a geyser; Friday night I was hit with a painful angst that felt so right I was overcome with a gusher of overjoyed tears. It was hard for me to focus on anything else this weekend. I had to remind myself to eat, force myself to sleep as I floated on a productivity flow that is flourishing. But this go round, the horizon is farther away than near due to the magnitude and significance of a project that could impact many others which means I have to pace myself, need to factor in patience, discipline, and objectivity. As for passion…well that’s just the gorgeous life jacket that keeps me on top of the waves so please excuse me as I wade into the water and ask that you...

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment