keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

monday madness

Try as I might, Monday is just not my day. Over the weekend when I don’t always have to wake early, I pop up bright and bushy tailed ready for action but when Monday comes, I am DOA. Now this is not a getting older thing, I’ve been like this for as long as I can remember. I think I missed the first day of the week more often than not for my entire academic life until I went to college and was able to opt out of taking classes that fell on a day when I just wanted to be MIA. Of course that all came to a deafening crash when I entered the 9 to 5 weekdays work world; opting out was not an option for any job I held until my world of work included work from home days. Unfortunately, I can’t take every Monday as my day. Seems like other people need a moment when the week starts and I feel them.

This past Sunday, I prepped everything in an effort to make Monday less maddening. Thank goodness because I refused to turn over until had I lounged a minute longer it would have been Tuesday. Upon entering my office, it was clear that I needed a reentry boost. I shut my door for 30 minutes, looked at photographs I had taken over the weekend, and began manipulating them. And without any hesitation as my hands moved the button that controls color, contrast, and light was guided to an artistic expression that adequately depicts how I feel on Mondays…


…I sent it with just its name to several friends and was affirmed when many of them wrote back that they got it.  So on this hump day, if it’s not your day feel free to call my pix wicked wednesday and…

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment