keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

talk about...

Talk about the power of suggestion. One of my friends asked me which version of a song I preferred. Without hesitation I responded that Jon Lucien’s version of the Hello Like Before had my vote. And just like that, I could not get the song out of my mind. I drove home singing it, went to sleep with it playing in my head, woke up to hear myself humming it with a huge smile on my face remembering my days as a radio DJ at Lehigh University. I opened and closed my jazz program with Lucien’s rendition of Lady Love, also my on air name, every Saturday evening. Though I still have more than one LP by JL, I owned not one CD, an issue that was quickly rectified by a visit to Amazon.com. And my shopping trip did not disappoint in fact, it rewarded me with an unexpected treat; after many years of searching with no luck a favorite album from my past had finally been made into a CD. 

Eloise by Eloise Laws is light, breezy, up tempo and will go everywhere with me this summer along with By Request by Jon Lucien. Both arrived yesterday. I’m not sure how many times I’ve played the latter, he is serenading me right now with that lusciously liquid voice that is simply divine. All of the songs are familiar but sung differently making everything old new again. Talk about sultry, the arrangement both instrumentally and vocally for the bonus track Rashida is so damn sexy that I swoon each time he sings the verse, oh my darling come to me…makes me want to…

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment