keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, October 30, 2011

day is done

As my birthday month comes to its end, the unusual October snowfall is a reminder that the unexpected can bring both elated bliss and change. This month, my artwork has unveiled a shift in perspective and voice that could introduce me to a different audience. New friends have come into my life as I reacquainted myself with friends from my past and shared time with friends who are and have been with me through thick and thin. All of them have made me laugh, laugh, and laugh some more! And while I have cried over those who have come and gone, having to now make the adjustments necessary if I want to heal my body has kept me creatively preoccupied mentally, physically, spiritually and in the kitchen as I adjust to the change that comes with absence. Thankfully, my journal full of artistic expression has kept pace with all that has occurred, is a pleasurable place for me to go each day before it's done, and will remain as a permanent record to remind me of one thing -- it truly has been a memorable October full of all sorts of changes that not a one would I change. That, as they say, is a good thing.

Snow makes me giggle and is the perfect punctuation mark to an exceptional birthday month. Closing it out on such a quiet high note is just where I want to be as I prepare for the adventure that is going to be my November so…

keep your peepers open!®

ps...happy birthday to my nephew!

No comments:

Post a Comment