keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

acquiring desires

Back on September 18, 2011, I spoke of a pair of cowgirl boots that I was determined to lasso though they were no longer available. Never one to give in so easily, I periodically checked online to see if indeed, there was a pair for me and indeed, there was after a few months had passed. I felt victorious until the person taking my order said they were on back order; it would be three more months before I could get my tootsies into those too cute boots.

Finally they day of delivery came and what do you know, the boots were much too snug on my feet. I was beyond disappointed as I packed them up to return to sender. So much for “if you’re slow you blow”, something I said in that September blog. In this case, “quit while you’re ahead”, “some things are not meant to be”, and “good things don’t always come to those who wait” are the lines that cross my mind. Though I should just acquiesce to something else I said in that blog and that would be…less is already enough! Now that’s the mantra I will etch on the part of my brain that controls the desire to acquire. Until Sunday…

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment