keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

reunited

There is so much truth in the statements as long as you are looking for something lost it may not be found, that you will find whatever it is when you least expect it, and be still and listen. Last week I discovered that one earring from a favorite pair was not in the red silk box where it is always kept. I removed all of the jewelry from this container; the earring was not there. I kept looking in the same box as if it was going to suddenly miraculously appear because I just would not believe it wasn’t in there since it always is there. Truth is I had been a bit careless with the space where I keep my jewels and knew that it had probably fallen into another box in the abyss beneath it; it was not there either so I abandoned search, kicked myself for not taking better care of something I treasured, put on another pair of earrings, and figured I'd find it later.

When later came, I found another pouch that I noticed was missing weeks earlier, sorted through lots of other things that either went into the trash or to the clothing bin, and stepped away after 4 hours feeling like I had accomplished something since I ended up cleaning and straightening a space that was way past due some attention. But my earring did not turn up leaving me quite sad as this particular pair is a go-to pair as well as my travel adornment (they went to Egypt and Italy). I lamented the loss, declared that it was misplaced not lost and went on with my day knowing that it would be reunited with its mate and me sometime soon and that there was a gem in this incident that was beyond the missing silver jewel.

A small voice whispered to me in the quiet of the night about a few things before suggesting I look once again in the box in the abyss….

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment