keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

forever cherished

I am grieving the loss of my first great love. Our relationship didn’t last but when love runs deep, when you share everything with another including the things that bring you both to tears, things that you never before or after shared with another, there is a place in your heart where that person resides for eternity even if you never speak to or see each other again.

Just finding out that this person took their life several months ago brought all that was us back then rushing to the present -- my time with the life of my party, the man with a smile that lit up a room and my heart every time I made my entrance, a charmer who went to great lengths to care for not only me but everyone who came with me, a giver who had genuine compassion and concern for those who needed a hand, and though far from perfect he was the first person who showed me what it feels like when a man really loves a woman -- making it hard for me to accept that he wanted to leave life, he just lived it with such gusto. But it's been 12 years...so much can happen.



I know now the true meaning of the word heartache...

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment