keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, August 26, 2012

bugsee

The decibel level of the noise, i.e., the male mating song, created by the cicadas outside my window is deafening and rather bazaar just like the bugs themselves. Like a fly on steroids, their size unnerves me! When I saw one on the ground of the parking lot, I just about tripped over my flip-flops to avoid it though strangely I found myself easing back over to take a picture. I wasn't sure if it was dead or alive and would have freaked out if it lifted off into flight so I had to be quick with the aim and shoot. On the download, I was quite surprised. Who knew that a cicada was quite striking in color, that its body and wings iridescent?

I'm not too keen on bugs though I seem to catch them going about their daily lives when I least expect to.





I think seeing them through the lens or when they show up in a picture by accident is helping me to appreciate ones that creep me out and love even more the little ladies…


Actually one greeted me in my room when I traveled to the Berkshires, a nice welcome and a good omen.

keep your peepers open!®

ps - I left out this morning and as I turned to make sure the front door of the building was closed caught the following :)







No comments:

Post a Comment