keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

favorite love

Love the Beatles, am able to recognize many of their earlier songs as soon as I hear the first few chords. So when I heard a guitar play the first notes of And I Love Her, something didn’t quite ring true. It wasn’t the Fab Four touching my heart with one of my favorite tunes by them, it was one of my favorite guitarists. In his rendition, no lyrics are sung but none are needed as the song is equally moving, the love beautifully conveyed.

I have several Pat Metheny cd’s each composed of original compositions. What a pleasant surprise to stumble on to What’s It All About -- ten classics that I happen to adore, all acoustic. A perfect companion for a good book, glass of wine, a nice evening with a few friends or just for two, a lovely way to either start or close the day, I highly recommend this great end of the summer find. It’s simply gorgeous music.



And I love him for a drive down a scenic road, top down, evening wind warming my face and skin, so…

keep your peepers open!®

1 comment:

  1. thanks for letting your readers know about this metheny album. i am a big fan of his work but was unaware of it as well. better late then never!

    ReplyDelete