keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, August 5, 2012

all hail

This past Thursday I chose a different route to take me from point B (location where I had facilitated a workshop) to point A (my abode). It was just past dusk. The traffic lights were in sync for a change as I cruised south on 14th Street, my mind and eyes on the road, my spirit still back in the room where class was held. The past 2 ½ hours had been joyous and rewarding; I wanted to keep the feeling alive for a while longer. The last block before Pennsylvania Avenue is a hill. I moved to the far right to make the left and almost wrecked my automobile! The devastatingly gorgeous full golden/orange moon resting just left of the Capitol dome was stunning, a huge surprise that caught me off guard as it snatched my breath. I slowed down in order to catch a red light, whipped out my camera, rolled the window down, leaned out…snap. Drove a little further, pulled over, leaned out…click. This went on for several blocks until I was a couple short from the Capitol when I suddenly made a U-turn, pulled over, parked. Got out of the car, walked to the middle of the street, stood in the twilight in the middle of the bike lane and took one more picture. It was what I thought was a perfect end to a marvelous day…



…until I got home and watched Gabby Douglas become the Queen of Gymnastics.

It is with proud admiration that I write, All Hail!!!

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment