keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, January 27, 2013

juxtapositions

It was snowing on travel day as I headed from my neighborhood in southwest DC to catch a flight that would take me west and south to sunny San Antonio, TX. Always camera ready, I’ll take a picture wherever it finds me including just outside the window of either the airport or plane and that morning, I saw something I’d witnessed only on TV -- the de-icing of airplanes, very cool! Three hours plus later, I swirled the ice in my glass as I waited for a late lunch to arrive, camera pointed at the sights right in front of me, no windows between since it was perfect weather to be outside, nice and warm.

AM...


PM...


AM...


PM...


AM...


PM...


AM...


PM...


AM...


PM...


AM...


PM...


AM...


PM...


Travel days can be hectic. Being camera ready and building in down time to take a walk, see a few sites before the work begins when traveling for business is meditative, helps me take care of me. Each picture holds a bit of the peace that rests within, relays something about what I experienced the moment taken and gets my mind ready to focus on what's ahead. That said, I’m now immersed in training in windowless rooms at a resort hotel surrounded by nature and nice views, the temperature outdoors worthy of linen and cotton clothing yet I find myself clothed in sweaters and boots the indoors is that cold. Go figure and...

keep your peepers open!®

ps...knew what I wanted to write about and show, didn't have title so thanks dh!

1 comment:

  1. I love the contrasting photos! Made me laugh w awe and joy.

    ReplyDelete