keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

party crasher

I want a New Years do over! I like so many others, come to find out, greeted 2013 with my hand wrapped around a box of tissues rather than a glass of the bubbly. My newly coiffed hair, never got the chance to whip back and forth at the party I was looking forward to attending, my outfit hung its cute self on the door in disappointment as my boots walked not a step.  The traditional good luck dinner of black-eyed peas and pork did not make its way from the fridge to the stove to the table instead passed over for a few salty chips and yet another refreshing cocktail of water spiked with pink grapefruit Airborne and a splash of orange juice.  It was all just a tragic mess!

More than a week after the flu settled down for several cold winter nights, I am still trying to shake it loose, send it on its way and politely suggest that it is not welcome to return anytime soon. Here’s hoping you’ve had better luck with that than I.

So if you like me were forced to bring in the new year with a sick, unwelcome party crasher, feel better, make plans to whoop it up when you are able to get up and if you can...

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment