keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

she the belle of the ball

This past Monday, I decided not to go over to the Mall for the inaugural ceremony however, I did venture out for a little while and the neighborhood, just blocks away from the excitement, was pulsing with people and cars. That energy got me pumped; it was and truly is an amazing time! Who would have thought that this country would ever see a Black President period and now a second term -- extraordinary. As I tuned into the historical event via TV, I remembered how thrilling it was four years before shivering with 1.8 million others as the first African-American was sworn into office. That day will forever rank as one of the top 10 most memorable moments in my life as will that night last November as I held my breath waiting for the polls to close across the country -- nail biting exhilaration at its finest with a well-worth-the-wait pay off.

As I watched and listened to all that was going on right in my back yard, I was inspired to make a collage, one of my Paper Doll Goddesses. She had her beginnings last December as I moved the clippings around on my white board but she just wasn’t ready to come forth. In hindsight, her debut was held up because all the right pieces were yet to be discovered in addition to the fact that the spark that gets me going until someone totally unveils herself to me hadn’t yet lit a fire. January 21 had all the fuel, so without further ado, introducing she the people…


It was a great day. I was in bed beaming with pride about my President and feeling quite pleased with my new creation when I suddenly bounded from beneath the covers. Another Doll had a date with destiny and I was solely responsible for getting her ready to take center stage…


belle of the inaugural ball had a place to be! My stylist duties complete, I settled back under my comforter, propped up to watch the day unfold all over again on the late night replays and saw not a thing. Content with fulfillment, I fell fast asleep. Until Sunday...

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment