keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, March 10, 2013

late night sandwich

Precious thoughts linger at the edge of dawn's last minute dreams, behind closed eyes a haze of urgent messages, images, ideas rush forth hoping for remembrance on the wake from delicious naps that happen as sleep ends and the rise begins.

This has been happening to me quite a bit lately as I munch on awake served between two thick slices of sleep. Here’s how the sandwiches are made…I sit down to catch the 7:00PM national news only to wake up on the couch or in bed around 12:30PM in time for Jimmy Fallon followed by my night time affair with Rob Nelson on World News Now. Around 4:00AM, I force myself to lie still, fall back to sleep and then just before the sun appears, a second dream state inundates me with such profound work that I am typing notes into the phone before I even turn over to wipe the sleep from my eyes. Now the good thing is I have been able to complete unfinished compositions started in various emotional states last month as I grappled with the passing of my close friend…

grief©

is the outfit in the back of the closet
that without a lending hand
slips itself on to be worn for
an unspecified period of time

is the uninhabited space
inhabiting unexpected love seats
across the landscape of the present now
that uncomfortably shifts on the sit down

is the mourning of past glorious moments
giving way to glory in the morning
waiting to light the way, carpet the path
of a spirit on its way home

is the first note on the second line
jumpin’, blarin’, slidin’ around umbrellas
whirling like decorated dervishes celebrating
life joyously passing by.


dark©

moon sits like a bowl of cream in a dark dish sky
spilling vulnerability into crying eyes below
raw passions numb and reaching
needs rise up fall down
scream to be held, touched, known
drowning in night air
unheard.
eyes wake up blinded
hung over from countless sips of sleepless cocktails
distilled and poured from a drained bowl
long gone from the dark dish sky.
a catch in breath
the gondola glides slowly in voyage
back to the familiar, understood, holding on
for a bowl of cream served in dark dish wonder.

Both of these written pieces relate back to the blog entitled Raw, originally posted on Sunday 2/10/13. I am pleased to share that Raw was partially republished just yesterday on WellnessWithin.org, a mind-body wellness center for patients, survivors, and families coping with the stress of cancer. I am humbled to know that what I wrote touched someone else enough to share it with their readers, grateful if my words have helped or will be meaningful to others. Many thanks Brook!

keep your peepers open!®

1 comment:

  1. You write with your heart, and I love that, Tina! Thank you for sharing it with the world!

    ReplyDelete