keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, March 24, 2013

word document

Evolution of a project...

step 1 - lots of ideas



step 2 - ideas taking shape



step 3 - alas, a solid concept!


I get such a kick when my photographs and artwork accurately reveal how I'm feeling, what’s going on inside without me ever uttering a word. The funny thing is, I never set out or sit down with that intention. That said, I deeply value and appreciate creative sessions for just that reason -- they sometimes surface those uncomfortable issues buried in a place that my conscious doesn’t visit making whatever it is I need to manage much clearer. Only after I have completed a piece or am editing photos do I see a message on display for me to either address or dismiss all the while marveling at the power of the subconscious.

Right now, I am hoping for a crystal ball masterpiece to address loneliness, a word voiced in too many conversations lately. It makes no difference whether we’re in a relationship, married with children, or surrounded by friends, family and co-workers, feeling lonely or even alone with someone sleeping, standing, or working right next to you is real. We’re disconnected to those we’re connected to and while the answer in certain situations is painfully clear, most of the time folks just want to fix it without loss. One of the main things I hear and know to be true is the desire for people in our lives to show up, stop talking and just do.

My idea for this post was originally a short, slightly humorous depiction in pictures of my thought process when I undertake a project. My subconscious obviously had other plans as I have been struggling for hours with what was trying to come to the page. Perhaps this is the beginning of the masterpiece, this creative session that is starting with words so...

keep your peepers open!®

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful and bitter sweet! Love the black/white photography

    ReplyDelete