keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

write light

I had actually planned to post something else today however on occasion there is a photograph that when I take it is too pretty not to immediately share…


The vibrant purple stamen is quite unusual or at least I’ve not seen a purple anther which suddenly brought to mind a rhyme I haven’t thought about much less recited since I was a child…

I never saw a purple cow,
I never hope to see one;
But I can tell you, anyhow,
I'd rather see than be one.

Parrot tulips are one of my favorite flowers. When spring arrives, they are the cut flower of choice for my home as often as I can find them; I'm pleasantly surprised when someone buys them for me. The bunch currently gracing my living room table are so, so gorgeous bringing a much needed diversion to me this challenging week when things are coming at me from all angles. Honestly, I’m glad they sparked a reason to just write light and allowed me to wander back to a time when the biggest problem I had was trying to finagle a little more play time after the sun had long gone to bed. Speaking of which,

it’s 12:57AM,
I must turn in!

So when the sun wakes up…

keep your peepers open!®

1 comment:

  1. purple cow was the first poem i learned to recite by heart. brings back memories

    ReplyDelete