keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

palette please

In an effort to keep the peace with my waste processing system, I don't go overboard with food when I travel abroad. I will try new things, just won't make it a full day of new introductions and will watch the amount of raw fruits and vegetables I intake. What I’m still not and may never get used to are the breakfast buffets with selections of pale, unappetizing cold cuts. Thank goodness, for petite croissants and in Morocco, fresh breads were also in abundance everywhere and quite filling.


The first thing I ate upon arrival in Morocco was pizza they way I like it, thin crust, browned cheese, a little marinara sauce. Throughout my travel, I had more than my share of poulet brochettes, enjoyed fresh local fish, even had delicious Chinese, Tai, and Italian meals. However, my favorite food hands-down was poulet pastilla, a crunchy sweet and savory chicken pie made with the local version of phyllo dough stuffed with chicken, almonds and spices dusted with a little powdered sugar…my palette did a dance that it will happily repeat any time!


I’m still wondering if they could freeze, package and ship a dozen or more to my front door!

Since I’ve been home, I've tried to prepare a dish of mashed squash spiced with cinnamon, sweetened with honey that was quite tasty; I’m still trying to get it right, so I'll keep at it while you...

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment