keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

moving through morocco

On Monday, we traveled by bus from Fez to Erfoud, an 8 hour drive with stops; we passed through so many different terrains that I lost track of time never wanting to nap for fear I'd miss something. Next thing I knew, we were pulling into an oasis in the desert that played to all of my senses -- incense burning all over the property,  a blue pool beckoning to cool the feet of weary travelers and OMG, that tall handsome chocolate colored man took my bag as someone else welcomed me with mint tea while dancers and musicians greeted our group.  If that wasn't enough, I caught a sunset just before the star show against the jet black backdrop; fell asleep humming the tune Midnight at the Oasis.


  
Wake-up call on Tuesday was at 5:00am to jump into a 4x4 at 5:20 that whisked us away in early morning pitch black dark to the desert though the entire galaxy of stars plus more filled the sky for as far as the eye could see, crescent moon slice present and accounted for. This was the morning I was waiting for...the camel back trip up the high dunes of the Sahara for sunrise.


So far, Morocco is nothing like I thought it would be, much more than I ever imagined.  Every moment, I am just in awe and best of all, tomorrow I will  continue this part of my life journey as I celebrate my birthday! More stories to come so...

keep your peepers open!®

1 comment: