keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, September 14, 2014

re(d)minders

The other day, I turned on one of the morning shows to see Kermit the Frog writing to his tadpole self. In all the many classes I've taken, seminars attended, and journals kept, I can’t say with certainty that I've actually written to a younger self. As the cute TV segment concluded, I began to ponder what I would tell my little girl self with red ribbons in her hair that matched bright pants of the same color. One of my favorite pictures from childhood is me in that red and white pants ensemble; the picture is pinned up in my office and also sits on my work table at home as a reminder to honor the girl in me. Though I may not have written to, I do know I have glanced at my 3-year-old self and wished I had known earlier in life some of the things I've come to understand. I've looked at that bright face full of toddler attitude and marveled at how quickly time has passed, know that we don't have forever to make our dreams come true. Being home for more than nine weeks has allowed me to assess life as it is, how I'd like for it to be and what I need to do to get there serving as my reminder that it's never too late to begin not again but anew, to make changes, to teach a seasoned gal (who still loves the color red) new tricks, so...

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment