keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, September 21, 2014

stress wear

Always knew that a funny thing happens when you move on to another job then come back months later to say hello to your old co-workers. Last week, I found out that that same thing occurs after a long absence. That thing, simply put -- when you leave stress, stress leaves you. It’s difficult for us to detect the external and internal changes that occur when stress begins to wear us. I don’t believe we can catch a real glimpse of how it alters our appearance slowly but surely over a period of time until we’re able to step away from stress long enough for its sheath to drop.


When I returned to work last week, the many compliments and look of shock on people’s faces made me smile. Though I had been out on medical leave, there was a certain disbelief that I could come back looking so “rested”, “young” and “beautiful,” that despite the fact that I had been home rehabbing from an operation that left me with temporary limited mobility, I was able to shed pounds from my frame. (What wasn’t obvious is my drop in and maintenance of normal blood pressure.) My simple answer to the amazed reactions (and lowered BP/ability to release weight) -- I left the stress behind when I shut the door to my office a few days before my hip was to be replaced and while home, despite the physical and emotional hurdles of healing, stress had left me; I am determined to keep it off of and out of me so I can hang onto my youthful glow in the weeks ahead. One simple solution -- incorporating daily wellness practices into my workday much like what I do each morning before I leave the house. Cross your fingers, send Reiki and…

keep your peepers open!®


1 comment:

  1. Self-care is always the best type of care!

    ReplyDelete