keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, November 16, 2014

68 degrees

Arriving home late one afternoon, I exited the car and was immediately compelled to whip out my camera. I had been caught in the traffic nightmare that has turned Washington DC into a most unappealing place to drive and something about the atmosphere suggested that taking pictures was what I needed if I wanted to bring myself into peaceful alignment. Outside it was a pleasantly warm 68 degrees, my ideal temperature. As I looked up into the twilight sky, a mix of soft blues, corals and pinks turned so by a rainstorm that came and blew over while I was stuck behind miles of red brake lights smiled down. Being afforded a quick 30 minutes of shooting time in these conditions was the answer to a disagreeable day. Puddles of mirror imaged scenes from above, wet leaves slick sliding under my feet, still branches letting go of cold water drops, I moved without interruption, without caution no need for brakes, the ability to stop as I needed freeing. My entire being drank in the calm each photograph offered until there it was...


I knew it when I looked down, knew it was a peace offering to fade out agitations now behind me, the water blurred edges of lush colored leaves resting on black ridged asphalt giving me naturally an image that I normally can only create using an editing technique. A feeling of satisfied completion fell over me as I took a few angles, closed the lens and breathed in the freshness of 68 degree air after rain on an autumn eve, perfect conditions for a gift. You will find yours too if you...

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment