keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, November 30, 2014

off the paper


Being highly creative, ideas constantly spring into my thoughts. I realize that creativity is one of my biggest gifts, so I stay open and ready to receive what comes, often scribing detailed notes; many of them live on paper to this day. The ones that intrigue me do wake me up at odd times to record additional information, marinate for as long as needed until finally ready, they unfold into developed concepts. Some get implemented, others wait a little longer resonating so deeply that I know though their time is not yet, it will come. Then there are those spontaneous gems that require no contemplation whatsoever and off I go! They soar or droop or fall flat; regardless of how they end, I am encouraged by what I attempt, which for me is recycled, not wasted energy.

I used to get quite tangled in my creative web, thinking every idea was THE idea. I know better now. Well just maybe I still get carried away on occasion, but here's what I believe --thoughts feed off of each other moving the process along, leading you to those ideas that are waiting for you to arrive. Even when something seems so right there is nothing wrong when the moment of sureness dwindles because another something surfaces with an urgency that can’t be ignored and you need to shift gears. I had that moment on Thanksgiving just before I dozed off. The perfect combination of passions and intentions intersected in my head and heart and though I won't abandon other projects I am working on, this is one to lift off of the paper sooner than later, it's too impactful not to. As I move forward, only time will determine which other things need more, less or no more attention, each will have mindful focus as the need to multi-task no longer serves me.

Thanks giving (yes, I mean two words) took on a new meaning to me as I finished my notes during the last hours of Thanksgiving day, asked for guidance, settled peacefully in bed, went to sleep, and did not wake up to jot down not nary a note. For some reason I drifted off with a sureness that is calm, knowing, and feels like a comfortable fit, so all I can say is...

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment