keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

recycled memories

I have a thing for small boxes and while I don’t collect them, I still have a fascination for them. Perhaps it’s that feeling I get that when opened, a gift awaits. Could be the way they actually open or maybe it’s that I can imagine whatever I like to be in the empty space below the lid. Not all boxes capture my attention so something must be said for materials, finishes, shapes, colors, etc., when it comes to their appeal. That said there are boxes to hold things that once I remove whatever that thing might be, I toss them into the trash or throw trash into them, though whenever possible, I try my best to recycle.

For years now I have put aside the nice little boxes my face soap come in. Each time I open one, it’s difficult for me to discard they are so well constructed and suited for repurposing. Right now I have quite a stash; in the back on of my mind from the very start, I fancied them to become treasure boxes of some kind or used to house gift items in once I fancied them up. After several years, I finally decorated one, compelled to do so because I needed just the right container, for inside I wished to place something special for someone dear to me. My hope is she will love the box as much if not more than what rests inside and remember our connection each time she sees it.

I have a thing for creating memories since they can be recalled anytime we desire, gift, box or not. So make a memory be it tangible or in mind for someone you care about and…

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment