keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

masks

In the still of the night, I sat up in bed the TV watching me, me not focused on it. Something was amiss. The previous day was one of giving out energy when perhaps, because I had driven for over an hour in ever changing weather conditions, knew I would have to do it again, I somehow forgot my training that helps me do so without depleting my reserves. A few days before that, a friend who I was close to many years ago resurfaced and for the life of me, I don’t know why I stayed on the phone for hours knowing with each word that conversations with some take rather than give or exchange. Then there was that movie that tapped my lonesomeness button which then threw me into pondering the question single people ponder while trying to remain patient -- when? Now that is a serious oomph snatcher if it catches you off guard! I could go on with the happenings of my days that are tugging at my power source, I will spare you.

when we wear the “I’m just fine mask” people assume that we are unless we take it off and get real…

I was chatting with a good energizer buddy who was thanking me for a nicety. She was genuinely surprised when I said that I wondered who would take care of me with that kind of goodness. Don’t get me wrong, kindness comes my way often enough and I am grateful. However, because I do so much to keep
everyone’s spirits up AND am known for being great at replenishing my resources all by lonesome, it didn’t even dawn on my friend that I too need that boost that comes from random or even deliberate acts of care.

...so much is going on at so many levels at a non-stop pace...

While it would be great to have someone swoop in for the rescue, I know that ultimately it’s on me to work things out. However, right this moment I have no clue where my mask is. Signing off to go in search so…

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment