keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

treats

And now let us welcome the new year - full of things that have never been. - Rainer Maria Rilke

I purchased a new book to read as part of my morning meditation, mindfulness, prayer, me time. I knew some of my friends would tell me that I could write a book like this; Daily Joy with its lush photos and wise passages serves as a reminder and is my inspiration to select some to do's in reference to my own photographs and writings and move them off of the paper into action. Thankfully, I am in a good place in terms of taking good care of myself pausing more than once each day to focus on self-renewal…just need to get my exercise program back in place.

So as we begin a new year, remember that it only takes a minute to take 10 deep breathes. Trust me, you do have a minute, find a few more and if you need something to get you going, pick up a 365 book that resonates with you, there are hundreds of them out there! Eventually those minutes could lead you to take a full day or more off from your daily routine to go on short reflective retreats which I have found to be huge treats. Once I return to the world from one of them, I am refreshed, refocused, and ready for action and all that is yet to be. Try it and…

keep your peepers open!®

ps - If you’re looking for a book that also prompts you with daily things to do to enhance the readings, a friend of mine recommends The Book of Awakening by Mark Nepo.

No comments:

Post a Comment