keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

spa days

Hanging up the phone, I found myself in a dark blue funk as I sat swathed in bright peacock blue cashmere which seriously kept my spirits from sinking. My little Lumi is in need of repair so I took her to the photo shop this past weekend. The call was to give me an estimate and though I could get a new camera, my Lumix is an extension of me, has accompanied me on countless walks, to many states and several countries recording my journeys. Lumi is the vehicle through which I have taken pictures that appeared in magazines, in exhibits, and on the walls of those who have purchased them. There is no way I would junk her for another. When they told me I may be without my camera for a month in order to soften the blow, I had to say to myself that she is going to the spa for rejuvenation. This may sound crazy to you unless you have some sentimental thing that you would not part with if it was broken, that you would do whatever it took to mend it. Fortunately, my camera just needs the inside lenses cleaned or replaced; I am beyond ecstatic that it can be fixed.

All things happen for a reason. The white roses with hints of pink, light apricot and green gracing one of my tables were quite fetching. Realizing that Lumi was away, my only choice was to call on Nik, the Nikon I bought before I went to Morocco. I truly do not use him as often as I should especially since I am a self-taught photographer who has yet to master all it can do (it is so much easier to take a smaller camera with me wherever I go, rarely do I leave home without the Lumix). That said, out he came and these came from us…









I will miss Lumi while she is being pampered, something I can so identify with as I am a spa girl to the core. While she is away, Nik and I will surely get more acquainted so…

keep your peepers open!®

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful flowers, I imagine they must have enhanced that sense of luxury on the spa day!

    ReplyDelete