keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, April 12, 2015

compasses

DC is teeming with tourists and residents milling about the Mall and Tidal Basin areas; it’s cherry blossom time. If one forgets, they can get stuck in the traffic of cars, bikes and pedestrians as they head out to do something other than participate in the festivities, which is how I found myself sitting in front of the National Museum. Beautiful day, way too much going on in my mind, so much happening for friends, sick of rerouting, trying to plow through overdue errands, yada, yada, yada until I looked up.

How many times have I (not) seen the sculpture standing tall in bronze glory, a steady guard at the door greeting those who come? As I waited for yet another light to turn green, I let go of the chatter around and in me to observe this piece that at that point in time was there in solitude, nobody around it, no bodies rushing to get into the museum. It was my moment. I took it and there was the peace needed to re-shift my morning.

In the middle of the madness is a compass if you are mindful to…

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment