keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

showtime

Walked into the Mary Livingston Ripley Garden between the Hirshhorn and the Smithsonian Arts & Industries Building and felt like I had arrived on a red brick carpet lined with flowers. Hundreds of blossoms ushered me in and continued to greet me as I strolled the entire length of the garden which, at that time, featured tulips as the break out stars…

























I did take pictures of many supporting blooms; have to say that the tulips presenting themselves in a dazzling array of shapes, sizes and colors brought out some paparazzi behavior in me! These white ones with the frilly petals (I’ve dubbed them coconut treats) were a first for me and now I’m thinking I should have a dress made that resembles these beauties for next year’s debut.



Get out there before the show is over and…

keep your peepers open!®

1 comment:

  1. I just adore tulips! What lovely photos you've captured. xx

    ReplyDelete