keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

rustic taste

I spent this past weekend with family and for the first time in quite some time, was back in the kitchen for hours preparing various dishes. As much as I enjoy cooking, I really haven’t done much since I began drinking smoothies and even when I do, cooking for one is much different than cooking for several but like a duck to water I was immediately in my element. My niece had picked blueberries that she carried all the way from Virginia; nobody felt like making a cobbler or pie however, I remembered seeing a recipe for a galette which, once made revealed itself to be such an easy and quick pastry to make if you go to the refrigerator section of your grocery store and get a Pillsbury pie crust! Trust me, their prepared dough is just fine and when family gathers, nobody will really care that it’s not made from scratch…taste and togetherness is all that matters.

This rustic looking “tart” was tasty and since it is so simple to make, I will try it again with apples. Actually, I'm also mulling over a savory version, deciding on the ingredients so...

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment