keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, August 2, 2015

the right words

A picture is worth a 1000 words or in my recent case 1000's of words came forth because of a picture. I think that is saying what I mean but while I ponder, let me explain....

I was down to the wire; my presentation was due and something just wasn't right. Sure I had pulled PowerPoint slides together but they contained words on pages that didn't really move me so how on earth would they mean anything to my audience? The week had been packed with other major distractions that kept me from devoting all my efforts to editing and finishing a presentation I would be proud of so I requested and thankfully was granted one more day.

On my extended due day, I arrived at my desk early dispensing with several to do's with swift efficiency in order to clear space in more ways than one. I opened the presentation, stared at the words and re-asked myself about my message. Blankness answered me. I then began to look at pictures, my own and clip art until there before me was an image that lit the spark. I toyed with it re-creating my title page, realized there are choices for backgrounds that I somehow had missed, found a perfect template with the right colors and fonts, understood immediately that the new title page I just put together didn't work in that opening spot rather it was a closer, and then it just all took shape.

When faced with projects of this nature, I have always found it easier for me to find my flow if I have a working title to build on. The reprise that was one more day combined with a mindful mind allowed me to develop a presentation that slide after slide perfectly speaks to the subject in every word, image, and picture. Pleased, I attached it to a thank you email, hit send and headed out for a long weekend.

Still not so sure about my opening to today's blog but I think you understand what I was trying to tell you so...

keep your peepers open! ® 

No comments:

Post a Comment