keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, February 14, 2016

heart center

Valentine's Day is the day of love that is either embraced or ignored depending upon how you view it. Each year, I find myself reminding folks on both sides of the view that this is also a day to think about taking good care of what beats in our chest, signals life, allows us to love. 


I just read an article that stated that the heart was the only organ ancient Egyptians would bury their dead with; their belief was the heart is the center of the soul. Actually, heart center CV 17 is a calming, nurturing, and emotional healing point known as the Sea of Tranquility in acupressure protocols. It is the exact location where I place my fingertips during meditation and as part of my self-Reiki practice. In fact, placing hands at heart center and taking a minute to take ten breaths is the thing I suggest to those who tell me they don't have time to devote to a mindful, self-care practice; we all have a minute so take a moment to try this...you and your heart will feel the difference.

Wishing all who stopped by lots of love and a happy, healthy heart on this Valentine’s Day. Be kind to yourself not just today but everyday and...

keep your peepers open!®

heart is from clip art

No comments:

Post a Comment