keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, February 7, 2016

super

It’s Super Bowl Sunday. Though I am not nor have I ever been a football fanatic, over the years I’ve enjoyed going to parties, have actually hosted a few happily cooking a pot of chili as the guys cheered their team to victory or defeat. Truth be told, my preference for an afternoon where nachos, chicken wings and pizza now dominate the festivities is to pop a super bowl of popcorn and turn to a good black & white movie. I never grow tired of a Betty Davis flick or seeing Joan Crawford play Mildred Pierce; The Women, also with Joan Crawford early in her career, is a movie I can watch over and over no matter what day it is on. I must admit, I do switch channels to catch half time and some of the commercials and am always knowledgable about what teams are playing and who’s favored to win (which means I’m rooting for the underdog and prepared for water cooler conversation). However, give me a quiet afternoon with super stars from the big screen of years long gone and I’m a happy camper. So as the Panthers and Broncos hit the field, I’ll be cheering from another channel as millions of you tune to another to eat, yell and…

keep your peepers open! ®


ps - cheers to my glaurieous friend who’ll be watching from above 

No comments:

Post a Comment