keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, February 21, 2016

peacocks

There is a certain amount of satisfaction that comes when one is able to figure out how to do something on their own. I have to admit that I’m intimidated when it comes to anything IT related; technology has given me pause on so many levels. As I waited for a friend to come help me finish setting up my home office, I decided to open the box with the modem for in house wireless service just to see what was in it. I began to read the instructions and maybe 15 minutes later, all connections were made, my MAC synced so all I had to do was sign in to activate the service. Feeling more confident, I headed to the wireless printer/scanner/copier and successfully changed the address for WIFI, something I also did for my iPad. By the time help arrived, I was feeling like a little peacock! (The one thing I had not been able to complete many months ago was getting my Chromecast properly connected which thankfully the calvary resolved along with a couple of other small things I needed addressed.) 

And so this week marks the last days of going to an office where someone is always there to handle IT issues as I transition to working at home where I will need to first rely on myself to take care of business. My victory over tech intimidation marked an assurance that I’ll be just fine so…. 

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment