keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, September 20, 2009

at the table

When I was offered an opportunity to premiere my collage Goddesses, I only had six completed. Elated, I agreed to finish a total of 24 by show time and immediately wondered if I had overcommitted. My dining room table was already covered with pictures from seek and snatch sessions (flipping through magazines, catalogues, etc. to find pictures that pique my interest) along with everything else needed to make collages; there was even a small altar with trinkets that inspire me. I checked off materials and work space. Certainly the desire was in me -- check. But would the girls continue to show up when I sat down at the table now that I had a deadline?

What I came to discover is your creativity needs to know you are going to show up. I made, kept and continue to keep a recurring weekend reservation for me and I’m not sure who to meet at the table. If someone is coming, I know it. If not, I simply honor the moment and go on about my business which has allowed me to become a more spontaneous being. To date, 56 collage Goddesses and several other visual and written creations have manifested themselves. Though my dining room table is starving for a meal, I am full. But gotta go now. Goddess 57 is meeting me at the table.

keep your peepers open! ®

No comments:

Post a Comment