keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, February 21, 2010

pink postcards

After another brutal rush hour this past Thursday (all because we just can’t seem to get these streets cleared here in the Nation’s Capitol), I stepped out of my car to steady my wobbly nerves. As I locked the door to Jasper (my automobile), I happened to look up into the sky, saw a single pink cloud, and was immediately enamored with the simplicity of natures tiny painting so far from reach. I stood transfixed in Zen, breathing deep, savoring the hush, glad to have arrived home with my sanity still in tact. When I looked down a few minutes later, I was
none too pleased to see that my brown suede boots were soaking in a puddle…but the pink cloud was there too. I had to smile and capture the picture postcard below my feet because that’s just how life goes -- there is beauty in both the downs and ups, we just have to find it so...

keep your peepers open! ®

No comments:

Post a Comment