keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, February 7, 2010

pix(ie) in paradise

DC has been dealt a serious snow blow! We’ve managed to elude heavy snow storms for years and now it’s our turn, as my pals from Chicago and Minneapolis so eagerly reminded me. I love the wet white stuff and will romp through it squealing just like a little kid when it drops down into my inadequate boots. This weekend marks the third snowfall in a week; I have grabbed my I Phone each time to snap some pixs.

Jan 30 early PM…










Feb 3 @ 4:30 AM… I yanked up the shades and through the glass from my back window…











I had to be out there. A fur coat, boots and a hat…I felt like a pixie in my own personal paradise of whisper soft snow under a sepia sky...



At 7:00 as light dawned, it was still so magical in the small park out front, like a fairy land…



my favorite tree...


An hour later as I headed out to the office, I looked up into a marvelous sky…




Feb 6 early AM…once again, I glanced out the back window into a bright night…




At dawn, the steady falling snow was still falling and when I got downstairs, the front door was blocked. Not one to be deterred, I pushed against it forcing it open and walked out into a blinding blizzard. Snow met my knees, crunched under my unsure steps; there was no way to really discern what was where under the never ending alabaster blanket beneath my boots. Cautious, I found my way to my destination, planted myself in blissful solitude and allowed the flakes to turn me into a human snow goddess with an I Phone camera…


















Looking at this one later…if I walked through that opening into the glow I would be somewhere far away from DC, in a world unknown…


For a moment as I climbed the stairs to go back in I thought I’d fly back down and out to bury myself in the drifts. I paused on the landing, looked out …








…and opted to snuggle under my chocolate brown oversized CozyChic ® throw. Peeling off my jacket and hat, a chill surged through my body due in part to 30 minutes exposure in freezing temperatures without my gloves and to some degree by the thrill of what I had experienced just outside my front door…but nothing that a bowl of oatmeal couldn’t handle…


The amount of snow that covered DC was a bit daunting, set a record, practically stopped the city, kept the mailmen from their appointed rounds, beckoned to the adventurous, delighted children, and elated many. It will take some time to unearth ourselves from what under the sunlight of day looks rather alien. But up and out I will go to be refreshed by the wintry swirls of wind mixed with loose snow encouraging all of you who are out there with me to grab a camera if you have one and…

keep your peepers open! ®
...which I did, I present the glorious morning after...

No comments:

Post a Comment