keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, February 14, 2010

v-day!

Since the snow had me on lock down last week, I decided to surprise my four nieces with handmade Valentine’s Day cards. I broke out my orange box of 16 Crayola watercolors (so much funner than the one with just eight shades to choose from) and painted several vibrant, abstract hearts that I was pleased with. But as I sat back to admire them, I knew they lacked something. I find that taking a picture of my creations offers me a different perspective of the piece, as if I am looking with someone else’s eye. Upon critique, my works of art needed more than a white background to give them a bit more panache. I sorted through and selected origami paper with colors, designs and textures I felt would compliment the painted hearts and let the cutting and pasting begin; what I chose provided the perfect finishing touch for each one.


Wishing all you we’s and you we’s to be and you I’s who don’t desire to be a we whatever your heart desires on this V-day and as always…

keep your peepers open! ®

No comments:

Post a Comment