keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, January 9, 2011

still

Though I have been away from NYC for a few months over 10 years, I’m still not used to the fact that restaurants and clubs close so early here in the District. Last call for drinks beyond over, my cab ride at 2:00AM the other morning was a breeze. No traffic through the stillness of the city streets as just about everyone slept allowed me to have a spirited conversation with a driver who seemed more relaxed than drivers during the day. And though we were engrossed in serious dialog, all the while I was absorbing the quiet of my creative voice speaking to me about what I was working on this week which led me to the table to ponder the pieces of paper, leaves, twigs, photographs scattered about. Still unresolved, I went to bed and awoke to my perfect snowfall.

Great big fluffy flakes falling fast on a stilled morning inspire me. I stepped onto the balcony, happy to be still as they whispered in my ear.

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment