keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

trifecta

There are a couple of places in the District that do triple duty when it comes to one stop satisfaction for my passions; translated that means they satiate me with art, jewelry and comfort each and every time I cross their thresholds. I love creative use of a space, when the four or more walls of a room easily morph from store, to gallery, to a respite that invites me to come spend some time. If you either live in/around or are visiting Washington, stop by Maruka Gallery & Boutique, corner of 9th & N Streets NW. Currently, they are presenting the works of Haitian artist E. Martineau -


  

And before I sign off, there is a fourth thrill associated with both of the places I referenced -- they are owned by women who always welcome me to sit a spell. Trust me, they never have to convince me to stay, sending me off with lots of peace wrapped around my soul, a buoyed spirit, and more often than not, a little trinket tucked in my bag.

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment