keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

not down w FB

I swore I would never join Facebook or FB as I now know. My sister convinced me to do so immediately as a way to garner votes for my portfolio of photographs that I have entered into Art Takes Miami 2011. I certainly don’t claim to be an electronic guru but my goodness, navigating FB requires a manual! The time it takes to set up your page, find friends, post a message…it took me much longer to do all that than it took to send an email to my established address book that brought in more votes than my newly developed means of networking. Honestly, I've never had any interest in socializing via FB nor do I care to read streams of conversation that have no meaning to me. Sure, it’s a nice way to find people but only if you want to find them or them to find you but I’m not that hard to locate, just Google me. Perhaps I'll maintain a business page for exposure (which is what I thought I was setting up only to make one wrong entry and wella, a social page appeared, very confusing!). On another note, entering my photos into the Miami competition was quite easy to do but I realize it probably is a means to recruit artists to utilize a paid online service where we can show our work. Right now it’s free; I’ll decide in the very near future if I should become a subscriber or just go ahead and set up a new web site to showcase and sell my photographs. I’ll keep you posted.

In the meantime, my friends and family have gotten excited about the whole voting thing, me too! It has been fun. Even if I don’t win the $2500 people’s choice award, I’ve already won…I caught up with some folks I haven’t been in contact with for quite some time, have some new admirers AND yippee...buyers! If you care to vote, click on http://tscott.see.me/atm2011, do so daily until 10/14/11, and…

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment