keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, October 2, 2011

queen every day

…a few birthday eve thoughts that somehow wrap together, I just can’t seem to tie them with a neat bow because it’s too early in the morning...it would please the queen if you would indulge her for this one…

Birthday 2010, I was walking in the footsteps of kings and queens that may have been part of my ancestry as my friends and I toured Egypt; birthday 2011, I received my very own crown and dubbed the Queen of Hearts during an early birthday celebration. It never matters when, where, or how my special day is marked. What matters is that I’m here to rejoice in some unique way with others as well as by myself relaxing, reflecting, pampering and/or making merry.

One of my nicknames is Queenie, a term of endearment used several years back by my close female friends; one of my male friends has referred to me as Queen since we met. I’m honored because two definitions of the word queen are, in part 1) a greatly admired woman who stands out and 2) a place or thing considered the best of its kind. The Queen is also the most powerful chess piece something I did not know but have now stored to play when needed.

Those who know me well know that my birthday is major. They also understand that sometimes the simplest things are the most meaningful. I love my red paper crown with its sparkling faux jewels, artful design and heart-shaped cutouts created just for me with me in mind. It was indeed a most thoughtful gesture, as the person who made it knows I collect hearts and that I recently took a photograph of roses that when turned upside down revealed the queen of hearts, my favorite playing card followed by the king of spades. True confession -- when I was a little girl and to this day, they are a couple and whenever I play solitaire if at all possible she always rests on him.

So on this October 3rd I will be reminded that though my king has not yet arrived, I am still the queen each and every day…I have the crown to prove it. Happy Birthday all!

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment