keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

rewarding awe

Though I’m not too crazy about insects, there is one that makes me pause and behold; the praying mantis outside of the holistic treatment center was a message meant for me to discover. But let’s back up for a moment…

I pulled into the parking lot of gravel very much in tune with the crunching sound beneath the four tires on my car, swung my feet out the door to step onto the crunch now in touch not only with sound but direct feeling…thank goodness I had on solid soled shoes that absorbed the sharpness of the rock sparing the soul in my feet from a jagged wake up call on a perfectly lazy warm afternoon I noticed a small white butterfly flitting near the purple flower and goody for me I had my camera which I whipped out to capture the tiny creature before she flew away but she stopped me in order to show me more than her pretty wings...how very fortunate yet not fortuitous, I can’t describe the moment that made me remember when I was a child and how in awe I was on the rare occasions when a praying mantis would show herself to me and how curious I thought it was then and now though somehow I knew not to harm her but I will admit that I captured one in a jar once…later, after I stared at it for who knows how long, I let her go and today I paused to really watch the slow deliberate motions, noticed a face carved with wisdom which made me shake my head in seriously dumbstruck awe as she continued on with her doings I felt she knew I was there admiring…it felt as if she had willed me to discover her presence that was now the reward…had I been in a split second of a hurry I would not have noticed her in all her camouflaged glory and missed what she wanted me to tell me…

The praying mantis is a symbol of patience and stillness; she only makes a move when she is 100% sure it is the right move. When one appears it is time to get quiet, go within, get centered and before the next move is made, all should be copasetic.

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment