keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, January 29, 2012

life by numbers

One of the most lasting gifts I received over the holidays was a bulb. Not the kind for screwing into a lamp but one for planting so it flowers. I found this small bundle of mystery to be significant in many ways. One -- I haven’t planted a bulb since I had a daffodil bed in my grandma’s garden way back when, so I am curious as to what will bloom from this one hence the mystery along with a lesson in patience (ah, yes…one of my life struggles!). Two -- it reminded me of growth, a most important aspect of life and one that in some ways for me has been stagnate for a little too long…a nudge that it is indeed time to move onward and upward. Three -- I so love and enjoy the cut flowers that grace my home almost every week. They make me smile, bring life and warmth to the space and this round-ish knob reminds me to keep with my tradition even if it’s just one stem of something. Four -- the thousands of photographs I have and will take of blossoms come to life on my walks and in my travels breaths joyful life into my soul. This tiny globe of inspiration tells me to continue capturing the flowers on my path; it also serves as a gentle push to get on with what is necessary to share my photos with others. Five -- this bulb, any bulb in its simplicity represents new life and because once planted will bloom year after year, also symbolizes rebirth, i.e., the chance to start not again but anew…it’s never too late as long as we’re “on this side of the dirt” (a phrase borrowed from a new friend). So to all my friends known, un and to come…

keep your peepers open!®

...and thank you vp for the gift

No comments:

Post a Comment